Young filmmakers competition
Attention, all budding filmmakers! The Heart of Gold International Short Film Festival (HOGSIFF) is calling for entries to its YOUNG FILMMAKERS Short Film Competition. Prizes will be awarded to:
- Best Young Film Maker (National)
PRIZE: $500 (donated by Adelene & Max Walker)
- Best Young Filmmaker (Gympie Region)
PRIZE: 5 tickets to Heart of Gold Masterclass, 5 session pass.
The winner's school will receive a framed certificate also.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Entry is FREE.
- Entry is open any student who was enrolled in Grades 6-12 (Grade 13 in some states) anytime between 9 Oct 2017 and 6 August 2018. Films submitted in the past to our or other competitions or festivals will not be accepted.
- Films must be between 3 to 15 minutes long.
- All submissions must fit within the Heart of Gold values. Thus the film submitted must be heart-warming, uplifting and thought provoking.
- Foreign language films are eligible for entry.
- The Artistic Director’s decision on entry eligibility is final.
Digital Film Specifications
- Resolution: 1920x1080 or 1280x720 progressive or interlaced is acceptable.
- File Type: .mp4 or .mov preferred.
- Audio: Stereo 48k or higher or highest quality for the video format.
- All entries must be accompanied by
FORMS TO YOUR TEACHERS BY 28 JULY 2018
FILM ENTRY NEEDS TO BE RECEIVED AT HOGSIFF BY 6 AUGUST 2018
All entries must be either:
- Uploaded to VIMEO and email link to firstname.lastname@example.org
(please note the FilmFreeway Link is no longer valid for this competition) OR
- Uploaded on a USB stick and mailed to:
Young Filmmakers Competition
Heart of Gold International Short Film Festival
P.O. Box 726, Gympie, QLD. 4570
DOWNLOAD THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please note: for general non-school submissions visit SUBMISSIONS